Halotherapy – about the procedure
Halocamera (Speleocamera) is a special room, the walls, the floor and ceiling of which consist of blocks of salts of ancient marine sediments aged 1.5 billion to 300 million years.
Relic salt is characterized by a pristine crystalline structure, a unique composition and beauty. The main components of salts are NaCl (62%), KC1 (32%), MgCl (1%). Hematite sprays give the salt a beautiful shade of red and brown.
The source of beneficial effects are salt walls, floors and ceilings, and maintains a certain temperature-humidity regime. The air entering the chamber from the outside is passed through a large layer of salt ore and cleansed of allergens and dust, is saturated with salt aerosols and aerosols. Exhaust air is removed into the atmosphere by an exhaust fan.
Main benefits of the procedure:
• 100% natural method
• High efficacy (60-95%) in many diseases has been proven
• More effective treatment in children. In some cases a complete rejection of pharmacological drugs is possible
• Soft effect and long-lasting result.
• An unobstructed combination of medical treatment, an absolute majority of physio therapeutic procedures
• The convenience of the procedures
The main therapeutic factor:
• Inhalation of a fine natural salt aerosol, 80-90% of which particles are optimal for penetration into bronchioles
• The richest trace element of aerosol: high content of K, Na, Mg, J, Ca, ВГ, etc. (not less than 32 elements)
• Low bacterial air pollution (content of microorganisms: 130-700 CFU / mZ)
• The complete absence of allergens, including the microbial origin
• The high content of negatively charged aeroin (from 1000 to 2500 e / cm)
• Stable temperature-humidity mode
• Positive psycho-emotional impact
Mechanism of action:
The unique microclimatic environment is detrimental to the conditionally pathogenic flora of the organism (streptococci, Neisseria, fungi of the candidate, Proteus, etc.), reduces the load on the human immune system, activates the mechanisms of adaptation and self-regulation, providing immunomodulatory, mucolytic, drainage and anti-inflammatory action The functions of the cardiorespiratory system, functions of external respiration, bronchial patency, and pulmonary volume increase are improved. Significantly lowering blood pressure, improving coronary blood circulation. The presence of potassium and magnesium ions in the air and their rapid entry into the general blood flow has a positive effect on the heart rate. The effectiveness of speleotherapy is also explained by the positive psycho-emotional impact.
Basic indications for the procedure:
1. Legionnaires, bronchial asthma in the stage of remission, incomplete remission or fading exacerbation
2. Chronic obstructive bronchitis in the remission phase, chronic dusty bronchitis 1 and 2 degrees beyond exacerbation
3. Pollinosis, allergic vasomotor rhinitis in the remission phase, period of hyposensitization in respiratory allergies
4. ENT disease
5. Atopic dermatitis, neurodermatitis, eczema in the remission phase
6. Prevention relapses in prolonged and often ill
7. Conditions after operations on the respiratory tract, lungs and diaphragm after healing of the postoperative wound.
8. Coronary artery disease, arrhythmias (flashing arrhythmia and paroxysmal tachycardia), hypertonic disease, neurocirculatory dystonia with moderate vascular instability and predisposition to hyperventilation
• All diseases in the acute stage, acute infectious diseases before the end of the period of isolation, chronic diseases in the stage of exacerbation and complications of seizure processes
• Pulmonary insufficiency above 2 stages, pulmonary heart failure above 1 stage (ACN 0-2 / 0-1)
• Mental illness, all forms of drug addiction and substance abuse
• All blood diseases in the acute phase and the exacerbation phase often repeated or abnormal bleeding of different origins
• Cachexia of any origin
• Malignant neoplasms
• Pregnancy at all times (large-scale studies have not been conducted)
• All forms of tuberculosis in the active phase.
• The phase of exacerbation of the main or concomitant illness
• Anatomical interference in the nasal passages (polyps, adenoid I-II stages.
Recommendations by procedure:
Treatment in the speleoclimatic chamber can be used both as monotherapy and in combination with medication or any other treatment. The therapeutic effect is higher in the early stages of the disease. Following recommendations, it is possible to achieve long, often 3-4 years of remission, especially in the younger age group (up to 12 years).
Age of patients: from 2 years. Children from 2 to 5 years of age undergo a procedure jointly with their parents (session “Mother and Child”).
Speleoclimate therapy has three main parameters, the variability of which allows to vary the degree of influence on the patient’s body and conduct individually selected treatment: 1) Duration of procedures, 2) Course (general in procedures), 3) Frequency of sessions.
Duration of procedure: 45 minutes
Adverse reactions are observed in about 1,5-4% of cases and usually occur on 3-4 days of treatment, do not require special treatment and are easily eliminated by interruptions of speleotherapy for 1-2 days. They are connected, more often, with a change in bronchial patency due to the restructuring of the drainage function of the bronchi, changes in their reactivity, as well as the number and thixotropic properties of sputum.